This blog is based on the premise that, as in many homes, if you are not teased, you are not loved. Those who create content for this blog love the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the culture around that church. They love them like family--warts and all. Mormon satire here is not meant to be mean-spirited or destructive. It is meant as a way to laugh at Mormonism and ourselves as we try, as best we can, to live the gospel.
Huge nod to Times & Seasons and Modern Mormon Men for extensive borrowing of their comment policies. Don't consider this an exclusive list until we've thought of everything. We'll let you know when that happens.
1. Comments are expected to reflect different points of view. Be careful that critiques, if any, are of the argument or position, not the person. No insults please.
2. In general, Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer is a site for all types of mormons (irons rods*, liahonas*, various stages of activity), or for non-mormons who are willing to respect the values of the mormon church. Comments that suggest one or more of the groups mentioned above is unintelligent or uninformed are not welcome.
3. Like our posts, comments are expected to be intelligible. Keep acronyms to a minimum, proofread and spell check.
4. Violations of intellectual property laws will not be tolerated. Violations of other laws, including defamation and slander, will not be tolerated.
5. Comments that are excessively rude, graphic or offensive are unacceptable. Potty humor, while sometimes funny in person, is usually not welcome in comments. Please respect the contributors and readers of our blog.
6. These policies will be enforced. Enforcement could include any or all of the following - deleting comments, warning offenders and banning IP addresses.
7. These policies may be added to or modified at our discretion.
* What the Church Means to People Like Me, Richard Poll, August 1967
© 2011 - 2016 Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer. All rights reserved. This notice pertains to all website material. For use and permission inquiries, or for more information about our copyright policy, contact us at motabenquirer at gmail dot com. Inquiries pertaining to individual posts will be forwarded to the respective contributor.
By submitting work, contributors implicitly license Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer to print, re-print, distribute, and display their work without compensation of any kind. Published contributors retain full rights over their work, and may submit their work to other websites after it has appeared on Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer without obtaining permission; however, Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer should be acknowledged as the place of first publication.
Contributors who quote from other content must secure any necessary permissions, and will be responsible for any infractions of copyright law within their pieces.
Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer does not accept submissions which are under consideration by other websites. Submissions not immediately used may be held, with the author's permission, for possible use as future posts. Non-published contributors are free to submit their work to other websites if they have received a rejection notice, or if they have requested their work on hold to be released from our files.